So the NHL has reached the home stretch of the season, and everyday in the league standings teams are being mathematically eliminated. It was a joyous occasion on Tuesday night as the Toronto Maple Leafs were officially eliminated from making the playoffs. This would be 7 years in a row that the Maple Leafs have missed the playoffs, so i have decided to dedicate a blog to the top 10 reasons the Toronto Maple Leafs suck so bad.
10. They can't spell properly. It's LEAVES NOT LEAFS!
9. BOB COLE - No explanation needed.
8. Brian Burke - He wanted to make Toronto a tough team, but i have never seen a bigger bunch of little girls in my life.
7. Phil Kessel - Has to be one of the worst trades ever.
6. Goal-tending- Tuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft- ouch that one has to hurt.
5. Since When is a Maple Leaf blue?
4. No depth up the middle. They spent years looking for wingers to be able to play with Mats Sundin, and now that they have solid wingers they wish they had a big skilled center man like Sundin. OH WELL, THAT SUCKS.
3.Poor Scouting- They have not had a pick from the draft turn into a star player in quite some time.
2. They have no idea how to rebuild- Too many draft picks traded away , not enough patience.
1. And the number 1 reason the Leafs suck. 1967 - the last time when the Leaf's won the Stanley cup, or even made it to the finals.
GO SENS GO