Thursday 8 August 2013

Season's Tickets -Yeah Man!

For two reasons, yesterday was a GOOD day for this sports fan.  Why?...

#1:  I paid my first visit to The Real Sports Bar in my home town of Ottawa.  Fellow Sens fans will forgive me - this magnet for sports nuts and beer lovers is owned by.... wait for it....Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.  I nearly choked on my wings and fries when I found out!  But then, I chatted with Assistant Manager, Trevor McCalder, who advised me that Real Sports is a great destination for Sens fans wanting the big screen experience during away games.  I've decided I am going to be a regular at this bar.  The Sam Adams on tap is such a sweet memory.

#2:  In my email inbox was the schedule for my 2013-14 Senators half season ticket package. Woohoo! It looks like a terrific selection -- Montreal [with the dreaded PK Subban], Boston [with the 15 foot Chara], Toronto [booo], Chicago, Detroit [with the return to Ottawa of our beloved and sorely missed Alfie] and the New York Rangers with their new coach. I get to go to eleven games in total in the regular season. And if the Sens make the play-offs, which of course they will, I hope to attend a few of those games as well. Of course there will be no NHL action in February as the Olympics in Sochi, Russia will be underway. I can`t wait to see Canada go for gold again.  And here`s hoping that my buddy Marc Methot will be on Team Canada!


No comments:

Post a Comment