Sunday 29 May 2016

England and the European Championship

Euro 2016 kicks off on June 10th and this years tournament is being held in France. I am excited and hopeful that England will make it to the finals and win the championship for the first time in the tournaments history. England will start the tournament in Group B which also includes Wales, Russia and Slovakia. England's tournament starts off on the second day of competition when they play Russia at 3pm eastern time.

The first Euro's that I remember watching were in 1996. England had a strong team that year and made it all the way to the semi-finals where they faced Germany. Germany won that game on penalties. As Gary Lineker say's"Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win". But this year is going to be different, (I think I say that every two years when the England football squad play's in a major international competition.) the team has looked fantastic in qualifying and should have no problem winning Group B. 


As a fan it is important to alway's believe in the team that you support. Last week I went out and purchased my new England Kit. I am still debating on which name to put on the back. When the tournament starts I will be all ready to go, wearing my kit and waving my England scarf around singing God Save the Queen and We are England. 



No comments:

Post a Comment