Sunday 7 January 2018

Letter to the England Football Association re FIFA 2018

Hey everyone,

I'm really excited for the FIFA 2018 in Russia. Check out this email I sent to the England Football Association and let me know what you think.

Dear Sir or Madam,

First off, let me introduce myself. My name is Nicholas Wright. I currently live in Ottawa, Canada. But for 10 years when I was growing up, London, England was my home while my father was working as a diplomat for Canada in your capital city. During that time in Britain, I developed a passion for the “Beautiful Game” of football, and especially for the glorious England team. I have followed their ups [and downs] over the years, and still proudly wear England`s fair colours when I watch their matches on television at home or in one of our sports pubs in Ottawa. Not the same of course as being in England, but football is much loved in Canada and it is growing in popularity with each passing year. And as a diehard England fan, I remain hopeful that The Three Lions team can return to its rightful place at the top of international football. 

Against this background, I am writing about the upcoming FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia this summer. This will be an important time for England to start to reclaim its international leadership. I am following closely the careful selection process for the England team. I am a great fan of the fine coach, Gareth Southgate, and wish him well in this important endeavour. And I would be grateful if my views on the player selection could be made available to the coach and his able staff. Personally I think Mr. Southgate has done a nice job thus far in selecting players for the 23 man squad. Many of Mr Southgate`s choices I agree with. But [apologies] there may be a few with which I take exception. As an avid football fan, I have gone through Mr. Southgate’s picks so far, and respectfully offer the following thoughts. 

 On the plane
My choices:  Harry Kane, Raheem stirling, Eric dier, phil Jones, Marcus rash ford, John stones, Ryan Bertrand

Other choices: Dele Alli, Jordan Henderson, Kyle walker, Jamie Vardy, Joe hart, jack butland.

In contention: 
My choices: Gary Cahill, Adam lallana, Danny rose, fraser Forster, Mic hael Keane, Jake Livermore, Jesse lingard, jermaine Defoe, Harry Maguire,  Danny wellbeck, Kieran tripper.

Other choices: Jordan Pickford, Daniel sturridge, Fabian Delph, 

At risk: 
My choices:  Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 

Other choices: Chris smalling, theo Walcott, Nathaniel clyne, 


Outside bets:
My choices: Harry winks, Nathaniel chaloba, Aaron cresswell,  Phil jagielka, 

Other choices: Ross Barkley, Danny drinkwater, jack wilshere, Tom Heaton , michail Antonio

Missing out:
My choices: Ben Gibson, android Townsend 

Other choices: Luke shaw 

Thank you for your consideration. I remain confident that Mr. Southgate’s finalized squad will be a terrific one. We all have wonderful memories of past England glories, but it has been far too many years since the England team has been able to shoulder proudly a championship cup. One of my saddest football memories was England`s devastating loss to Germany in 1996 and I want to be able banish that memory as a result of a winning performance in Russia this summer. For your information, I plan to be writing regular posts on my sports blog — The Sports Ambassador (thehockeyambassador.blogspot.ca) — in the run-up to the FIFA World Cup Championships. And rest assured that I will be rooting for England and for Mr Southgate`s squad. Any information that you can provide me to help me with my blog would be appreciated. I have provided my full mailing address below.  

Go England Go!

Your faithfully, 

Nicholas Wright
The Sports Ambassador

No comments:

Post a Comment